Tuesday 28 February 2017

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Review...


What is all the hype about? Is this movie really as good as Harry Potter, have a look at my thoughts below, let me know what you think in the comments below :)

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Release Date: 18/11/2-16
Budget: $180,000,000 (Estimated)

"We're going to recapture my creatures before they get hurt. They're currently in alien terrain surrounded by millions of the most vicious creatures on the planet; humans".

So I like it, I like it quite a bit, do I love it? I'm struggling to answer that with a yes, it is good and I know I'm super critical of movies recently but I'll tell you why later on...

The Movie focuses around Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) a young English Wizard who visits New York whilst en route to Arizona. He has a mysterious suitcase full of weird and wonderful creatures, from a stick insect with a heart of gold to a cute gold munching monster (which happens to be my favourite creature). Newts suitcase ends up in the hands of a No-Maj (A non-wizard) who is on his way to the bank to secure a loan for his new bakery business. Little to his knowledge that he has unlocked a dangerous amount of terrifying creatures into the wild.
Source: http://www.IMDb.com

Newt gets arrested for being an unregistered wizard, will he have the time to catch his creatures and return them to safety?

Although the creatures are a little cheesy for a better word, the concept behind each of their behaviours and characteristics adds a sense of emotion to the movie, simply put you fall in love with them, and don't want anything to come between Newt and his creatures.

The movie itself is full of suspense but has too many side characters/extras for my liking, it is also set in the 1920's, and movies set in this era just annoy me, I don't know why and I don't really have a reason, but this movie seems way beyond its setting and in my opinion has a more futuristic feel, it may just be the magic who knows.

Now this movie is meant to be standalone from Harry Potter, but it has been way overhyped in my opinion, there are only very few references to HP and it doesn't have the same feel to it. This movie is awesome in its own right, but when compared to Harry Potter it lacks somewhat.

However, we seem to be falling back into the world of Witchcraft and Wizardry and that can only be a good thing. I would anticipate maybe a sequel or two to this movie, and I'd be going to see them on release day.

Further Plot/Storyline:

"Holding a mysterious leather suitcase in his hand, Newt Scamander, a young activist wizard from England, visits New York while he is on his way to Arizona. Inside his expanding suitcase hides a wide array of diverse, magical creatures that exist among us, ranging from tiny, twig-like ones, to majestic and humongous ones. It is the middle of the 20s and times are troubled since the already fragile equilibrium of secrecy between the unseen world of wizards and the ordinary or "No-Maj" people that the MACUSA Congress struggles to maintain, is at risk of being unsettled".

Dweelan's Star Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment