Wednesday 1 March 2017

3 Xbox One/PC Games You NEED to Play...

So I've spent a lot of time playing some games here and there since I've been quiet on YouTube, I find myself with less and less spare time to actually sit and commit to editing videos, and uploading them to YouTube, it ended up feeling like a bit of chore, and it lost it's fun a bit for me. It's been nice to sit back keep away from it all, and just relax and have fun, because I got way too competitive, and it got dangerously close to becoming my life.

I am coming back to YouTube, slowly but surely and once the new room and desk (and mic arm) come I shall be back to it as soon as I am able, as it was fun, but I just need to realise when to back off.

So I've decided to share with you, some of the games that I have been playing over the past few months, some of these are addictive AF, so I give you prior warning.

I'll put a little rating of each game for you from 1-5 trophies (basically the same as like a star rating) if there's a really awesome game that you should definitely check out, I'll give it the golden trophy treatment ;)

1. Grand Theft Auto V (5)

What can I say about this game? The reviews and videos speak volumes, but I have had so much fun playing the campaign with my girlfriend, although we got frustrated at each other (plenty of times) it was massively worth it, to finally get 100% game completion, the first GTA we have ever got this for! It took some doing, it took a fair few hours, some YouTube guides to show where all the
Spaceship Parts and Letter Fragments are, but we got there in the end! You get a better experience on Xbox One in opinion, but I'm biased because I prefer console games, but with PC you can obviously add Mods, and truetones to make it look like there are more realistic cities and vehicles etc. However try not to go online with Mods, because they will find you pretty much instantly and *poof* banned for a few days, you have been warned ;) The only reason it hasn't received a better rating, is because some of the missions can become a little repetitive such as the 'Strangers and Freaks' or the required, past times etc. that you need to complete for 100% game completion. Here's to GTA VI (6).

Dweelan's Game Rating:

2. Overcooked

Overcooked is a simple yet addictive platform that will have you playing for hours and hours (or at least until you unlock all of the achievements in the game). If you've ever played Diner Dash or Cooking Mama, or other time management games, then this is for you. Not only do you have to be extremely quick on your feet, but you need to battle your way through moving terrain, conveyor belts, fire, ice you name it! It provides a whole new dimension to time management based games and makes everything a little more tricky than you first anticipated. The final boss at the end of the game took us a good few attempts, the boss basically requires all types of food from all levels in the game, so you have to your wits about you.

I would recommend playing this game cooperatively with at least 1 other person, it is possible to play yourself, but the chefs you control complete actions slower, so it's definitely best to get a helping hand. The only thing that lets this game down is the lack of achievements for Xbox One, it comes with a load of DLC, but you only get the achievement points for the base game, but you should unlock 1000G pretty quickly within about 4-6 hours.

Dweelan's Game Rating:


3. Slime Rancher

This is a game that is currently still in development and is in its 'Early Access' phase on Steam, and 'Game Preview' stage on Xbox One, it has been in development for around 2 years now, and they are planning on a full release in Spring 2017. At first glance, it looks like it is a kids game, you have a gun and you get to collect blobs and shoot things, it is so much more than this! It's an adventure game with the right level of sass and personality, I guarantee you will be hooked from the start.waaaaay too late! You know this getting the golden trophy treatment, you just need to go out there and buy this game, help out the developers release more awesome features! 
The main objectives are to collect various slimes throughout the ranch, with varying difficulty. Breed them, feed them, and collect resources from them. Use these resources to buy upgrades, purchase expansions, unlock new areas in the ranch and much more! I played this game off-the-cuff for one day and literally spent a whole night playing it, and I wanted to keep playing but it was getting. I don't even think there's any game out there like this. I might be wrong, though? That has been known (as my girlfriend will attest to). I am totally buying this game on every platform. Addicted much?

Dweelan's Game Rating:




2 comments:

  1. Loved them all, I agree slimerancher is the best! LOved overcooked as well shame about the DLC not having achievements doe! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? GTA 5 though... the amount of stress that caused xoxox

      Delete