Sunday 15 March 2015

Social Gaming - World's End...

Social gaming is something I've been participating in since I was 15, I've played my fair share of online games, the majority of which I have played (and am still playing on Facebook).

Everyone at some point in there life, has probably harvested a few crops on Farmville, or dressed their pet up in Pet Society, but the games I play on Facebook have a bit more of a unique genre.

Commonly referred to as 'Clicking games' there is no real concept of playing a video game, but does it mean it can't be fun? Absolutely not I've probably collectively spent more hours on Facebook playing various games than I have playing PC or console games...

You might be thinking, well what's the point, why does he keep playing these games? The real reason behind this is the community of players, I went through a fairly tough time when I was younger, and found Facebook, started talking to a few genuine people I can actually call friends, and met one or two of them in real life also.

You might be thinking are you barmy, how do you know what you're letting yourself in for? but I'll tell you what, escaping to my 'online life' is sometimes a lot better than the real life I live on occasion, it draws you in and for a brief moment you forget, and just enjoy playing the games, and getting on with people.

For some of my real life friends, I think Social gaming is hard to grasp, it's hard to explain what these games are, and why they are interesting, they are also so popular, so the game developers must be doing something right!

The game I'm going to talk about today is World's End, as time passes I'm going to be doing a more of an in depth review of the features, and what you can actually do in here.

World's End is in my opinion a Strategy game, a clicking based browser game albeit, it's one my favourite games that I've played of all time, so much so that I've been playing for 1931 days (you can do the maths) I've invested a lot of my time into this game, a lot of effort and I've helped the game grow by making the occasional in-game purchase of game currency known as 'War Credits'

The aim of the game is to progress through various levels and brackets, building up a strong squad of players, and have kick-ass weapons, to take on the community and fight your way to the top.

This is commonly known as the 'Most deadliest game on Facebook' and it certainly lives up to its name, from punching a fellow solider, to a fully blown nuclear attack, this game has it all.

If you're intrigued by this and would like to give the game a go, follow the link below, be sure to check back regularly for updates, and a bit more guidance of what you can do in the game.

Screenshot of my Level 22,000+ Solider
"World's End is set in the near future after the collapse of the world as we know it. Following a nuclear war many former nations have banded together and formed national alliances. These newly formed alliances are in a constant struggle for power. Choose an alliance and join in the battle. Carry out missions, amass territories, build up your arsenal of weapons, gear and vehicles.

The world will end, how is up to you".

Click here to play the game (requires Facebook account).

UPDATE: World's End has unfortunately came to an end and is no longer available to play anywhere online! We had fun whilst it lasted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment