Wednesday 4 March 2015

The Story About The 11 Rabbits...

Good Morning :)

I wasn't kidding when I said that I actually lived with 11 rabbits, all white, fluffy and cute, but they breed like... well they breed like rabbits, I guess that saying never really sunk in until now...

This is a picture of the perpetrator he's called Yuki (Yuki is Japaense for Snowy I believe, well in some language it means snowy anyway)

Yuki doesn't really like selfies :(
So Yuki is obviously a male rabbit and has being having his wicked way with a female rabbit, soz for pointing out the obvious, but we were lead to believe that we actually purchased two male rabbits, and there was no possible way that they could have little baby rabbits... Oh were we wrong, the vet had wrongly sexed the female rabbit and told us it was a boy! aaaaaargh! Snowy (how original) is the name of the female rabbit, and has given birth to a total of 12 baby rabbits throughout two pregnancies, sadly 3 of these baby rabbits died, but there's still 9 remaining, these nine don't have names and they are referred to at the moment as baby rabbit, or sometimes Mrs/Mr Rabbit.

So the moral of the story is, never trust a vet to get it right first time, always check I guess, what do I know I'm no rabbit expert.

We are currently in the process of getting new hutches, and new things for them to play with, as there's not a lot to share amongst 11 rabbits...

I leave you with a picture of the 10 rabbits, Mother and 9 babies... (And a dirty paw or two in there also).

Look at all that snow...oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment